a new way of thinking
Saturday, March 15, 2008
WARNING: This is gonna be a long long post, which i put alot of thought into after being detached from the world i was so familiar with and possibly, took for granted...

Devotion and prayer time in the army is ever so precious, its like either u get closer of drift further away from God, the later of which i am guilty of if i'm not careful.. More often than not, i'd opt to hit the bed after smsing as many ppl as i can after a long day of crazy work... But when i do choose to spend a few mins with God, it makes all the difference the next day. i'd feel more refreshed, less tired, bicker less with my section mates etc etc... its like u'll be able to see God's hand move in a tangible way when u put him first and commit your day to him in the morn and in the nite just b4 u sleep!

well me being me, acty i didnt wanna blog at all cuz of cuz i'd rather dota than spend like 30mins typing out all of this arrgh but oh well, perhaps some of these may help some other ppl so ya... I'd like to share a certain insight God revealed to me about myself during one day when i was doing my devotion... about how how wrong i had been living and thinking without even realising...

so wad's it about? To put it simply, common sense. allow me to explain. it dawned upon me that was using my gut feeling and instincts; my set of moral values and convictions, to make everyday decisions, be it in counselling friends or teaching a lesson during cell group. Well, not that it is wrong to do so, but i'd always assumed in doing so, i'm somehow in tune with the holy spirit and would make the decision god would have me make; its the right decision as long as i do not feel a strong sense of "do not do it" in my heart. Then it hit me. I should be praying and consulting God, instead of relying on my own intelligence!! What the heck is wrong with me man, guess i'm too stubborn and proud to realise this until now like oh boooooooy...

To quote Oswald Chambers, "We'd get in the habit of continually seeking his counsel on everything, instead of making our own common sense decisions and then asking Him to bless them. We become a prideful, arrogant person thinking we know what to do in every situation" So that was when it hit me like a brick and i asked God to forgive me and remind me not to live life that way. WHY WASNT I AWARE OF THIS BEFORE!!! Oh well, better late than never THANK YOU JESUS. For so so long, i constantly assumed that i'm somehow always connected with God, the decisions i make therefore are okayed by Him... Gosh what a fallacious assumption.

So ya that is basically the major thing that God revealed to me during my last week in the Army and so here i'm sharing it with you guys. =D Now i know i gotta prayerfully consider what is the next step i'm supposed to take with regards to my education. the conviction in my heart is to do a degree in social work, but whether or not that is God's idea, well... I'll have to ask him about that. I'm off for now. Tata!


Signing Off
Pte Shaun Lee

ps. you can check out my testimonies here. i blogged about them on the cell group's blog. =D

posted by Shaun @ 9:08 PM



Leaderboard

My 2008 Scott Scale 70



Tagboard


Wishlist

Refer to the post on the left! =D


Previous Posts